Family member sees my Vault, but I cannot see theirs

normd
normd
Community Member

I set up Family sharing and my spouse can see all of my passwords, but I cannot see theirs. We want to share each others vaults. What am I missing? Do we each need to set up shared vaults or can we both share the entire contents of each others vaults?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @normd!

Do we each need to set up shared vaults or can we both share the entire contents of each others vaults?

You need to setup shared vaults if you want to share the contents of your vaults with each other. It sounds like you have shared your vault with her, but she hasn't shared hers with you. This tutorial should help you with this, should you need it.

• normd
    normd
    Community Member

So invited my wife and she can see my vault as well as her own. But how can I see hers? I am the family owner and I invited her. When I log into the web portal, it says 'Personal Only you can view and edit items in this vault.", but she can seem vault as Option #1 and I don't see anywhere I shared it with her except to add her as a member under "People". How can I see her Personal vault she can see mine?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

@normd

It sounds as if you may have signed her into your account. She would log into her account with her own Secret Key, Master Password and email.

If you open 1Password for Mac under preferences > accounts... Is your email address shown or hers? Your devices should be signed in with your credentials and hers with her credentials.

This discussion has been closed.