trying to save a file (pdf of driver license) to my vault. It's not happn'ing :-(

Options
spideysense
spideysense
Community Member

I am a long time user of 1PW, but now on trial for subscription service. I thought that I could save documents - like a driver license - to my 1PW account and access if from laptop, phone, etc. I do not see any way to upload a pdf or other file. Have searched forum, youtube, help menu, etc, etc. Please help.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2 (70402004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[trying to save a file (pdf of driver license) to my vault. It's not happn'ing :-(](https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=trying to save a file (pdf of driver license) to my vault. It's not happn'ing :-()

Comments

• spideysense
    spideysense
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I was able to upload a document from the web view. Now that the menu option "document" is available, I got it to work. I swear that option was absent before. I tried several times. Oh Well. Now I will proceed to learn some more functions of the subscription service.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spideysense! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear that you managed to upload a document on the website. For future reference, you can add a Document from the 1Password for Mac app as well, if you select the Document category from the File > New Item menu:

• Bennyd
    Bennyd
    Community Member
    Options

[Request} Why is it not possible to add important files to the Software License category?
    Would be nice...to keep things together.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2020
    Options

@Bennyd

You can add any information to 1Password. The option to link items is at the bottom of the Software Item. In 1Password 7 Documents took over where Attachments left off in 1Password 6. I tend to think of Documents as having a dedicated space to live in and you add a shortcut to it from the actual Software Item. https://support.1password.com/files/ * Note you must be in edit mode to add the linking.

Could you let me know where things seem to be going wrong for you, and maybe I can suggest something to help, or the steps you're taking?

• Bennyd
    Bennyd
    Community Member
    Options

I will look at it in more detail and come back when I have more questions or cant find it...

Thank you

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.