No longer synchronizing?

I am running this on my chromebook, and I noticed that it apears to have stopped synching my passwords. I changed one over the weekend and it still is not reflected on my chromebook.

A nice feature would be able to show when it was last synched (and to be able to initiate a sync!)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ScottChapman! Syncing should happen just about immediately after you create an item, so something's not right. When you sign into your account on the 1Password web app, are you able to see the item inside its proper vault? If not, do you see the vault you believe you saved it inside?

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member

Yea, shows correctly via web.

When does sync happen?

If I look at the background page's console I see a lot of errors, some referencing MFA (which I am using)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ScottChapman:

Thank you for the confirmation.

When does sync happen?

Immediately after an item is created or modified.

If I look at the background page's console I see a lot of errors, some referencing MFA (which I am using)

What are the exact error messages?

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member

So, I am running 1password X on a few machines, not all of them are "on" all the time. I assume when you say that sync happens immediately after an item is created or modified you don't mean that I have to go to each machine and add/update an item in order to get the latest data right? I assume it is a push not a pull then? What happens if the machine is asleep?

Here's the error I am seeing in the console:

background.js:27 [action/Session#verify] ClientError: Please authenticate with MFA
    at new t (chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js:27:150507)
    at chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js:27:387862
    (anonymous) @ background.js:27
    background.js:27 WebSocket connection to 'wss://b5n.ent.1password.com/CTGAMKNWBZFNJFBH5VL7IA7MJU/GTWXRP7QVRDIZP5NSCPASNKZAA/h4fogzgm5uvnjwj2apxi26teya' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID
    connect @ background.js:27
    2background.js:27 WebSocket connection to 'wss://b5n.ent.1password.com/VUMVRJOKLVFSHCE3ZBDWGSPRI4/6E66PCHBGNBJBJR4PIMYGRGWLI/h4fogzgm5uvnjwj2apxi26teya' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
    connect @ background.js:27
    2_generated_background_page.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError: No tab with id: 1240.
    2my.ent.1password.com/api/v1/overview:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:27 [action/Session#verify] ClientError: Please authenticate with MFA

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@ScottChapman – No, you don't need to create a separate item on each device. Syncing means that you create an item on one device, and the item is pushed to the server and each device pulls from that. If a device is sleeping while an item is created, that device will sync the next time 1Password is unlocked regardless of if an item was created or not. It does look like 1Password X is having some syncing issues based on your logs. Can you try removing your account from 1Password X and adding it back using the steps below?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, and select Settings.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Sign Out button next to your 1Password account.
    3. Click Sign in to another account.
    4. Select your account and enter your Master Password. If you're asked for a OTP, enter the proper code.

After following those steps, do you see the item in question within 1Password X? If so, go ahead and try creating a test item in 1Password X and verify that it shows up on your other devices.

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member

Chromebook had to restart, and I am seeing this:

Signed in successfully to and loaded account details. Elapse time 1785ms.
    background.js:27 Signed in successfully to and loaded account details. Elapse time 1791ms.
    background.js:27 Ensuring device keys are available for 2 accounts now that we are unlocked.

So it appears to be OK. But I still this it would be really helpful to provide sync status, and the ability to re-sync (re-auth if necessary for whatever reason).

This problem is identical to one I posted with support a couple of months ago (has to do with MFA re-authentication flow) but appears to be back.

• ScottChapman
    ScottChapman
    Community Member

Spoke too soon, seeing that error now on my macbook pro...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@ScottChapman – I'm thinking there may be something going on with your account in that case. Were you asked to authenticate with MFA on your MacBook Pro prior to the error occurring?

I wonder if you'd be willing to move our conversation over to email. Since we're on a public forum, I wouldn't want to discuss anything account related. Please shoot an email to support+x@1password.com whenever you get a chance. If you include a link to this forum thread in the body of the email, we'll be able to match things up. Thank you!

ref: JQE-32917-319

This discussion has been closed.