To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Questions regarding membership subscription plans

ScarySulley
ScarySulley
Community Member

Hello,

Some questions:

1. For the personal plan it cost $2.99 when billed annually ($35.88 per year). Are there other "amounts of time" you can pay for? For instance, pay each month, every two years, etc? If so, how much do those cost?
  2. I see 1Password 6 for Mac has an "Accounts" tab, so that'll work with the membership subscription plan. I can't go past 1Password 6 since my Mac only goes up to El Capitan, so I want to be sure 1Password 6 will work with the membership subscription. I know I answered my own question, but I'd just like a "confirmation." :)
  3. Are we able to have a new Master Password for the membership account? When moving the vault data from the standalone app to the membership account, are we moving the entire "container" (with Master Password) from the standalone app to the membership account (so new membership account would have the previous Master Password), or are we moving the data inside the "container/vault" from the standalone app into the new "container/vault" with a new Master Password for the membership account? Does that make sense?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ScarySulley

We do offer monthly invoicing at a premium. For an individual plan the rate would be $3.99 USD + tax / mo. The only way, currently, to pay for more than a year up front would be via gift cards.

As of writing 1Password 6 should "work" with memberships, but this is not guaranteed going forward, and there may be features you miss out on by not being on the latest version. As a security focused company our recommendation would always be to run the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your web browser, and your operating system.

We recommend using the same Master Password to avoid confusion but you can certainly pick a new one so long as you're going to remember it, and remember that it is different. :) The migration is moving the data, not the container, as you put it. :+1:

Ben

• ScarySulley
    ScarySulley
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @Ben!

We do offer monthly invoicing at a premium. For an individual plan the rate would be $3.99 USD + tax / mo. The only way, currently, to pay for more than a year up front would be via gift cards.

Okay, so a dollar more per month if you pay each month as opposed to yearly. Out of curiosity, how does paying with a gift card allow you to pay for more than a year as opposed to paying with a credit card?

As of writing 1Password 6 should "work" with memberships, but this is not guaranteed going forward, and there may be features you miss out on by not being on the latest version. As a security focused company our recommendation would always be to run the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your web browser, and your operating system.

Good to know 1Password 6 should be good for now, but may not be going forward.

Let's say I got the subscription and 1Password 6 for my Mac stopped working with the subscription service. Could I go back to using 1Password for Mac, Windows, iOS, and/or Android as standalone apps to "keep things working" until I got a Mac with a current version of MacOS? I guess I would just sign out of the 1Password account and go back to syncing with Dropbox...?

We recommend using the same Master Password to avoid confusion but you can certainly pick a new one so long as you're going to remember it, and remember that it is different. :) The migration is moving the data, not the container, as you put it. :+1:

So the best way to make a new Master Password would be the give the new membership account "container/vault" a new Master Password, import the data from the standalone data vault into the new "container/vault." Then you have the new "container/vault" and new Master Password.

Then after you ensure the new Master Password with the new "container/vault" works, you should delete all instances of the no longer needed standalone "container/vault" for the desktop apps...?

Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ScarySulley:

Out of curiosity, how does paying with a gift card allow you to pay for more than a year as opposed to paying with a credit card?

It's just a consequence of the amount that we chose for the gift cards. I think because having a $35.88 gift card did not make a lot of sense :)

I guess I would just sign out of the 1Password account and go back to syncing with Dropbox...?

Yes, but we would recommend upgrading to 1Password 7 at that point, to avoid having to do the migration once again in the future.

Then after you ensure the new Master Password with the new "container/vault" works, you should delete all instances of the no longer needed standalone "container/vault" for the desktop apps...?

That's correct :)

This discussion has been closed.