Save Draft fails to work

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have encountered a problem with Save Draft in this forum. Save Draft would work at least initially and after the second time, Save Draft is now greyed out, no more saving. What I was left with was a fragment of the discussion : Catalina with Safari 13.0.5. Partial paragraph 2 lines at the most. Many times only half a line.

Thinking my Draft was saved, I logged out. When I signed back in, I saw what I described above. Did it a few times with same results.

I now must save the discussion to Notes in iCloud first.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I did a test and if anyone is willing to lose some saved work they can also try.

Each time after a Save Draft, type in extra characters Those will be lost when you go to Draft( ) on top. Click on Draft ( ) to access the discussion. Save Draft will work again until when it doesn't and repeat by going back to Draft ( ). It's tedious.

It must be a new discussion forum post. Comments Drafts seem to work normally.

• Hi @wkleem

I'm not seeing this on my end. Every time I click "Save Draft" it works as expected. If you are typing more after saving your draft and then navigating away from the page without saving first, I would expect whatever you've typed since your last save to be lost.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben.

Usually, Save Draft will auto save at certain intervals and would be "lit" for the document to be saved manually. When I started this discussion, Save Draft after the first save would be greyed out which was unexpected. I will observe further.

It seems fine now but it was not before when started try his discussion..

This discussion has been closed.