Can 1Password 7 store its data ONLY on my Mac?

Options
ycTO
ycTO
Community Member

Long time user.

I have to switch to 1Password7 to use its extension in Safari (v13, Mojave).

For 1Password7 (standalone or membership), is it possible to ONLY store my data on my Mac? One single Mac is all I need/use. I don't want any of my passwords, login names, hints, websites etc stored in the "cloud". I don't need syncing. Other than license/registration info to Agilebits, I don't want anything else to leave my local machine. Is it possible to set up 1Password7 that way?

If it is possible, can you please direct me to instructions how to? It is not obvious from searching your support site.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 14 Mojave
Sync Type: Don't want!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ycTO! Welcome to the forum!

Certainly, this is still possible as it was in 1Password 6. Just download 1Password 7 from our website, purchase a license for it in-app, and don't set up syncing ;)

• ycTO
    ycTO
    Community Member
    Options

Just to be clear. All data stays on my local machine in 1Password7 if I don't set up syncing?

True for both standalone and membership license?

Also, no need to sign-in to 1Password.com for the software to work?

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ycTO:

Just to be clear. All data stays on my local machine in 1Password7 if I don't set up syncing?

That is correct.

True for both standalone and membership license?

Yes. If you choose a Membership, make sure you do not store your data in your Membership account, but in a local vault instead.

Also, no need to sign-in to 1Password.com for the software to work?

You will have to add your 1Password account to the app if you choose a Membership, so the app will be unlocked with all functionality. You are then free to store your data outside of your account and on your local device only, if you prefer.

• ycTO
    ycTO
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That was very helpful.

This discussion has been closed.