Lost vault after changing iphones

Options
gujumax
gujumax
Community Member

Hi, My iphone screen wasn't working so I took it to apple store, they tried changing the screen with no luck. So they gave me a brand new iphone x. I had backup done daily so restored from last night and now my vault is empty. I had a password to login to the app but dont think I had an account but 1password was backing up to the cloud and I dont see the vault anywhere, please help. Would it still be on my old phone ?

1Password Version: 7.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 13.3.1
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gujumax! Welcome to the forum!

Since you wrote in your first post that your 1Password data is stored in iCloud, is that were you restored from, on your new phone? In other words, did you choose the iCloud option after installing the 1Password app on your new phone?

• gujumax
    gujumax
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ag_ana, When I got my new phone I restored entire phone from icloud backup. Then opened 1password and it's asking to sign-in with email, secret key, and master password. I went to 1password.com to find my account and try few different emails I have and keeps says no account found.

• gujumax
    gujumax
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks Ana, I found it. it was syncing with my dropbox account, I have got my vault back.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gujumax:

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.