Updater wants me to delete 1Password on my Time Machine backups

Buadhai
Buadhai
Community Member

1Password 7 - Version 7.4.2 (70402004) - 1Password Store - MacOS 10.15.3

On recent updates the updater warns me about finding multiple copies of 1Password. These copies are located on a Time Machine backup and a CCC clone. It wants me to delete them. I think that's a bad idea.

I notice that someone else posted this question, but you closed the thread without answering it.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/111120/updater-7-4-1-to-7-4-2-warning-wants-to-update-all-the-versions-in-my-time-machine-backups

What are we supposed to do about this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Buadhai
    Buadhai
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Dupe Deleted

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@Buadhai If you don't want to reconfigure your CCC backups to exclude the 1Password App, another alternative would be to unmount all your external storage (leaving only the startup drive mounted) before running the 1Password updater. hth

• Correct. Thanks for chiming in @vplewis. There should only ever be one copy of the 1Password application connected to a system. If you'd like to back up the application itself please zip it and then back up the zip. But your data is stored and backed up independently of the application.

Does that help @Buadhai?

Ben

• Buadhai
    Buadhai
    Community Member

Thank you. I have now excluded 1Password from both CCC and TM backups. I had already set CCC to unmount the target volume after backing up, but sometimes that just doesn't work.

• Thanks for the update. I hope that works better for you. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.