To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How best to handle situations where one cannot sign into 1password and doesn't have secret key

Options
Jstuff36
Jstuff36
Community Member

Hello, I was recently on vacation and had my Iphone stolen. At this time, I had no other devices with me that I could use to sign into 1password because my secret key was back home. This means I had no way to access any of my accounts such as email or apple id until I got back home and had access to another device which I had already logged into or my secret key. I'm hoping to get advice on how I can mitigate this kind of situation in the future. Is there a standard practice in the security world? My first thought is to store my secret key on some other account that I could log into, but this strikes me as a terrible idea because it would be vulnerable to security breaches etc. Any advice is appreciated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jstuff36

I'm sorry to hear about your iPhone. Personally if I were going to be traveling I'd keep a printed copy of my Secret Key on my person. Others may have other recommendations, but that's what I'd do. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.