Nightmare install on new iMac.

Roy123456789
Roy123456789
Community Member

Subscribe to 1Password7 and trying to install the app on a new iMac. Was able to download...but it informed me that the 1Password.agilekeychain is not compatible with 1Password7. Odd, since I've been using on several machines with no issue. So I converted it as required but have no idea what to do with my other machines. Terrified this will totally screw me over. Now I can't login to my.1password.com even though I have the Secret Key and password stored in my MacBook. Help please.

1Password Version: 7.4.210.15.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @Roy123456789

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. 1Password membership is a replacement for syncing 1Password via Dropbox and Agile Keychains / OPVaults. Are you able to sign in using this address?

https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new

Note that if you do have a "standalone" vault (such as an Agile Keychain or OPVault) added to 1Password for Mac the Master Password required for 1Password.com may be different than the password you use to unlock 1Password for Mac.

Ben

• Roy123456789
    Roy123456789
    Community Member

I can not sign in and I don't know why. I have the Emergency Kit in hand. The password is stored in 1Password on my MacBook. Why is this so crazy difficult?

• It sounds like you may be using the wrong Master Password @Roy123456789. If the other details are directly from the Emergency Kit then it is likely those are correct. As mentioned above the Master Password for 1Password.com can be different from what you use to unlock 1Password for Mac.

Ben

• Roy123456789
    Roy123456789
    Community Member

I get it. I can open 1Password on my MacBook. On that version of 1Password, I have the login details for my.1password.com
    That password does not work. I have no idea why not. I set up that when I first installed 1Password7 and never used it again today.

• Roy123456789
    Roy123456789
    Community Member

Further, I can open 1Password on my new iMac. I can see all the passwords but when I try to use it, I get a Welcome to 1Password7 also asking me sign in.

• Roy123456789
    Roy123456789
    Community Member

There also doesn't seem to be any way to print all my passwords to a file like we could do 1Password7. At least that would prevent disaster.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Roy123456789:

We will be happy to continue helping you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: KZE-66647-337

This discussion has been closed.