To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No secret key on trial membership trying to upgrade to 1Password 7

Options
6footplus
6footplus
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Memberships

Hi,

I've had 1Password since version 4 and am currently trying to upgrade from version 6 (standalone with paid license) to 7.

I've installed 7 and have tried signing up for trial membership. I received account details (email and sign-address) but I did not receive notification what my secret key is. Without it I cannot sign in. Looks like I have access to all my previous vault data, but I cannot add or edit entries.

How can I get 1Password 7 operational?

Thanks,

Andreas

1Password Version:7
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @6footplus! Welcome to the forum!

After you created your account, you should have been prompted to download your Emergency Kit. You will find all your information, including your Secret Key, inside this document.

• 6footplus
    6footplus
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana - Unfortunately I was never prompted. I received an email recommending that print out my secret key - but not sure where an how.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@6footplus:

Thank you for the update. Without an Emergency Kit, you should still be able to recover your Secret Key inside the 1Password app that you used to sign up for the account. Can you please try those steps?

This discussion has been closed.