1Password access to Downloads Folder

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member
edited March 2020 in Mac

I'm curious as to why 1Password needs specific access to "Downloads Folder"? Why not "Documents", or "Desktop", or even "Full Disk Access"?

Cheers!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kappabear!

1Password will request to access the folder you specify when you export something from it. It looks like you chose the Downloads folder for this, so you need to give 1Password permission to access that folder in macOS.

By choosing a specific folder, we can avoid asking for Full Disk Access for security reasons.

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana!

Got it. So if I'd downloaded/saved something to Documents or Desktop or any other folder, before being able to save to that location, 1Password would first have to have "write" permission to that folder, and would thus ask for permission to that folder?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kappabear:

That's correct :)

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

❤️ - Thanks! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @kappabear! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• drohr
    drohr
    Community Member
    Options

Love the ability to save documents now. Are we able to set up any type of folder structure within documents or does it have to be done through tags as it seems to be alluded to in another post?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@drohr:

It will have to be done through tags. And I am happy to hear that you like the feature :)

This discussion has been closed.