MrC Converter Suite - Safari 13 import

Options
shlem
shlem
Community Member

@MrC I've been using the Converter Suite to import Safari Keychain items and it's been incredibly helpful. Thank you!!

I've recently run into an issue where Safari 13 keeps auto locking while the script is gathering info. For some reason it thinks there's no activity going on in the window. Luckily they had another computer running Safari 11 so I was able to sync the keychain there and do the conversion.

Was this a fluke, or is Safari 13 not compatible with the Safari 12 import script?

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:MRC Converter Suite - Safari 13 import

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@shlem

Thanks for the kind words. You're welcome.

Safari 12 and up have a bug that inappropriately causes the passwords dialog to auto-lock while it is open. It will even close the dialog as you are typing or moving around.

To avoid this bug, you have to quit Safari and let the GetSafari12Passwords open it anew.

• shlem
    shlem
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, OK. I'll try that again.

To make sure I have the steps right:

1. Open the script
    2. Grant permission in Sys Prefs
    3. Quit Safari
    4. Open script again which will prompt Safari to open and unlock the passwords dialog
    5. Click OK

Following these steps will allow the script to finish without unlocking.

Do I have this right?

Thanks so much!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@shlem

The script can remain open, and you can re-run it as often as needed. It is Safari that needs to be quit before each run. So:

1. Grant perms.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Open Script.
    4. Run Script.
    5. Run csv converter on the resulting CSV file if yo want to create a 1Password importable 1PIF file.
    6. Import 1PIF into 1Password.
  • shlem
    shlem
    Community Member
    Options

Got it, thanks @MrC!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• miles1998
    miles1998
    Community Member
    Options

Running the safari 12 script, really want to export my passwords, it goes to the password box, I click ok, to enter my password then script fails... See
    Running 10.15.3.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@miles1998

Please quit Safari and let the script open it for you. It's a bug in Safari.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @miles1998. Following up here. Did MrC's advice above help? Please let us know.

Ben

• miles1998
    miles1998
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it worked thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miles1998, thank you for the update! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now. :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.