Mini browser window closes on Firefox

Options
angusmci
angusmci
Community Member

I'm using 1Password 7.4.3 with Firefox 73.0.1 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.14.6. Whenever I click the 1Password extension button, the mini browser window appears, then disappears again when I try to click the Autofill button.

After some experimentation, I now suspect that this is to do with the mini browser window being outside the boundsrect of the Firefox window that opened it. When the mini browser window opens, part of it overlaps with the Firefox window, and part of it is "outside" that window. If I move my pointer over the overlapping region of the mini browser window, everything is fine. However, as soon as my mouse moves outside the bounds of the Firefox window -- even if it's still over the mini browser window -- the mini browser window closes. As the Autofill button is usually on the non-overlapping region, this is fairly non-optimal.

If I click the top region of the mini browser window and drag the whole window inside the Firefox window, I can move my mouse anywhere I want on the mini browser window; it doesn't auto-close any more. If I drag this detached window so that part of it is outside the Firefox window, I can make it close again just by moving my mouse to the 'outside' region.

The issue seems to be specific to Firefox; I wasn't able to reproduce it on current versions of Chrome or Safari.

Is there a way to either fix this behavior, or ensure that the mini browser only ever opens wholly within the Firefox window?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @angusmci!

Would you be able to post a short video of this happening, so we can make sure we understand exactly what is going on? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.