Firefox addon multi account containers

Hi,

I recently started using this add on for firefox (74.0 version, last one):
https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/

If I use the main program and press the "go and fill" button and the web is associated to a container. It open the web BUT doesn't fill the login. I can use the go button on 1password mini and autofill but the first option appears not to be compatible.

Is there anything I can do?

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Coracao!

If I use the main program and press the "go and fill" button and the web is associated to a container. It open the web BUT doesn't fill the login. I

Can you please share the exacts steps to reproduce this, so we can test it here? Thank you!

• Coracao
    Coracao
    Community Member
    1. Set a login on 1password with the info and the web.
    2. In multiaccount container set the web used on 1 password on a especific container to open always in that container.
    3. Push the button "go and fill" on the main app.

It opens the web in the container but doesn't fill the login. If I don't set the web to "always open" on a container, it works perfectly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Coracao
    Thanks for the steps.

I have seen multiple reports from users saying that multi-account container addons are responsible for a lot of issues when using 1Password. If a regular autofill works fine (e.g. by pressing CMD+\ to autofill or by clicking the extension icon on the top right and doing it from there), then I suggest you stick to that method rather than trying to open and fill from the desktop app.

In case you prefer to use open and fill from the desktop app, my best suggestion would be to disable/remove the multi-account container addon since it changes how Firefox behaves and works in ways 1Password cannot support.

• Coracao
    Coracao
    Community Member

Thank you for you answer!
    I will do that. I hope that in the future 1passwod is more compatible with multi- account addon.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Don't mention it @Coracao :)

If you have a 1Password.com membership account and are willing to try something new, I highly recommend you try 1Password X: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    It works quite differently and might make it possible for you to work with the multi-account container. The catch is that you need to let go of the desktop app and always start your workflow inside the browser extension.

This discussion has been closed.