I cannot delete an individual entry in 7. Why does P7 not delete the older entry when changing.

Options
Softshellcrab
Softshellcrab
Community Member

Cannot delete entry’s in 7. I don’t understand why 1p7 doesn’t delete the older entry when changing passwords when it is safe to change passwords often. I have about seven entries for Amazon, four for many others including my bank. What’s the deal?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot delete an individual entry in 7. Why does P7 not delete the older entry when changing pass

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Softshellcrab! When you say you cannot delete entries, what have you tried? You should be able to click any item in the main 1Password 7 for Mac window, then either drag it to the trash or click "Edit" and then "Move to Trash" (at the bottom of the item). Does that not work for you?

• Softshellcrab
    Softshellcrab
    Community Member
    Options

Right click (two finger click) highlighting, looking for a trash can, dragging to trash, sweeping, what else is there? Clicking edit after highlighting the trash command is still grey also you can’t use the destructive backspace. This is the most difficult program to use if you ask me. Trashing should be as simple as highlighting and dragging to trash or some usual Mac options.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

@Softshellcrab:

Right click (two finger click) highlighting

If you right-click on an item, you will see all of the action you can perform on that item, including one named Move to Trash:

Does that not work for you?

Alternatively, in 1Password for Mac, can you try clicking once on the item you want to delete, and pressing the backspace key on your keyboard? This message should appear:

Trashing should be as simple as highlighting and dragging to trash or some usual Mac options.

Indeed, that's how it works. Let's figure out together why this is not working for you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.