The option to activate Yubico key does not appear on the 2FA screen

Options
Landry
Landry
Community Member

The option does not appear on your screen when trying to activate 2FA. I just see option for Authenticator App "Set up App" Why not? I'm a new customer, just signed up. Currently using LastPass.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yubico

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

You have to set up a standard 2FA app prior to using the Yubikey. U2F 2FA (i.e. the Yubikey) only works on web, iOS and Android as of this time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Landry! Welcome to the forum!

pittn is spot on with his answer (thank you!) :+1:

Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

• Landry
    Landry
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

I was able to identify one of my Yubikey (Lightning Connector) to 1Password 2FA. However, when I try to also identify a second Yubikey with the standard USB Connector, it does not read it. Even though the round circle on the Yubikey is lit and I press on the circle, nothing is transmitted to 1Passord. 1Password was able to read the Lightning Yubikey from the same connector. I have an iMac running the latest version of operating system and Firefox as my Browser.
    The second Yubikey is used as a backup.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Landry:

What is the model of this second Yubikey?

• Landry
    Landry
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

I think it is the Neo. It has the Wifi symbol in the circle (3 circles and a period).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Landry:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to replicate the issue and save a console log in your browser when this happens, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you. You can then email the logs to us at support@1password.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.