Auto-collect 1P, OS, & hardware specs for submitting posts?

TonyDennis
TonyDennis
Community Member
edited February 2021 in Lounge

It would make it easier to submit posts if we didn't have to manually collect and enter the 1P, OS, & hardware specs for each post.

Suggestion: have a menu choice in 1P app/mini/plug-in of "collect system info" or something like that which would then collect everything you guys want and put it on the clipboard. We could then paste it into our post, making it easier for us and ensuring that you folks get the info you need.

Waddya think?🤔

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TonyDennis ,

Thanks for suggesting that! That's not a bad idea. I'll pass your suggestion along!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member

Hey AgileFolk,

It's been a while, so I'm giving this a kick since it's still an active wish of mine. It would seem to be pretty easy and would help out both the users and you AgileTechs. Please take another look.

Thanks!

BTW, congratulations on the Wired write-up!👍 Well done, and well deserved! 😃🎉

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member

Actually, now that I'm re-reading my post, what I'm thinking of would be more accurately described as: "collect version info", since that's all we need for support posts. Saying to collect "system" info implies a lot more data, which is needed way less often.
    "Collect version info" implies a much smaller (and easier, I would think) amount of data.😉
    Thanks!😎

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member

AgileFolk,

I thought I'd "ping" you on this item since it's still very relevant and I think it would make a big difference in users noting the version information you guys need for your tickets. I assume that 1Password can see all the version information you need (assuming the user is posting from a browser with the 1P extension installed), so it seems like this is something AgileBits could pretty easily do. As it is now, it's a fair bit of a hassle to grab the versions of one's OS, 1P app, extensions, etc. I would think you could even harvest the browser info, which would likely be helpful as well.

Would you please send this up the "food chain"? It may not have a high user count, but I think it could make a big difference with minimal effort.😉

Thanks!

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member

AgileFolk,

Please see my ticket here: https://1password.community/discussion/112172/auto-collect-1p-os-hardware-specs-for-submitting-posts regarding auto-populating version info in support tickets. I think would be very useful for users posting support tickets, especially in the beta forums where versions change often.🧐

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.