How do I put the 1Password icon next to the address line on my iMac using Safari ver 10.15.4 (19E266

rayhy1
rayhy1
Community Member

The 1Password icon disappeared after updating the latest version of Safari. I am not able to automatically log into any websites nor am I able to automatically create any new passwords of IDs. I am using 1Password7 version 7.3.2. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks, Ray

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have an iMac using Safari ver 10.15.4 (19E266). The 1Password icon next to the address line disappeared after the latest Safari update. Please help me get it back.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rayhy1!

I see you are a few updates behind, so I wonder if this could be part of the problem. Can you try updating to 1Password 7.4.3 first, and see if this still happens to you? You might have to download and install manually from our website this time, since there was a bug in the autoupdater in an old version, which has since then been fixed.

• rayhy1
    rayhy1
    Community Member

ag_ana
    Thank you. I will attempt to download the latest update and see if that helps.
    Rayhy1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @rayhy1! Let us know how it goes :+1:

• rayhy1
    rayhy1
    Community Member

ag_ana
    I uninstalled/reinstalled the app and it then allowed me to download version 7.4.4. That took care of all my problems.
    Thank you for the good advice!
    Rayhy1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rayhy1:

You are welcome! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• MargueriteM
    MargueriteM
    Community Member

I'm using Safari 13.1 on MacBook Pro. I have 1Password 7, ver7.4.4 from the Mac App Store. I was going along fine using the 1Password in Safari with the icon in the tool bar. But the icon disappeared and I tried to go to Safari - Preferences - Extensions to get the icon again and that did not work. Please help! Thanks

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@MargueriteM

What happens when you visit the extensions tab in Safari? Is the extension present?

• MargueriteM
    MargueriteM
    Community Member

Do you mean go to Safari - Safari Extensions?
    Or do you mean go to Safari - Preferences?
    Here are a few screen shots.
    The third screen shot is what I get when I click on More Extensions.
    And when I click to Open on the 1Password7 - Password Manager from the Safari Extensions list all that does is open my 1Password application to see all of my data, etc.
    I want to be able to have the icon in the browser tool bar so that I can once again use 1Password as it is intended.
    Thanks!

• The first one. Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

Please try these steps.

1. Quit Safari and any other open web browsers.

• No light under the dock icon for the browsers.
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely.

• Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar.
    1. Restart the Mac.

2. Open 1Password and unlock

3. Open the browser(s).

4. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions. * Does the extension show up and is it selectable for you? Do not click more extensions

• MargueriteM
    MargueriteM
    Community Member

Hi, I just did all the 6 steps, and 1Password did not show up after step 6.
    I also now have heard from 1Password Support and they recommend that I trash the application for 1Password and reinstall it from 1Password web site.
    They first tell me to make sure I don't have an app cleaner working. How do I tell if I have app cleaner working.
    And if I trash the 1Password application, does that mean I need to drag it to the trash from my Applications folder?
    And I WON'T loose any of my data/passwords, etc.???
    Thanks!

• Thanks @MargueriteM. I see you've got a conversation going with our colleague Michael. To avoid duplicating efforts, I'm going to close this thread, but please continue the conversation with Michael via email. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.