My iPhone and iPad still ask for my old password.

godawa
godawa
Community Member

I have a Mac subscription. Latest versions on desktop and other devices.
My iPhone and iPad still ask for my old password. But my desktop uses the latest password.
But It looks like the apps are updating with my new website additions across all devices.

1Password Version: 7.4.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:old passwords

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @godawa! Welcome to the forum!

You probably have your old Primary vault still on your iPhone and iPad. Can you confirm that this is the case?

The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

If you are using a 1Password membership we generally recommend removing the Primary vault.

• godawa
    godawa
    Community Member

One is named "godawa," one is named "Private" and one is named "Shared."
    I take it, that the "godawa" one is my old primary vault?
    The vault for saving is my Private one.
    So if I delete my "godawa" vault, it won't affect my subscription online vault?

• godawa
    godawa
    Community Member

NO, wait, I looked at my desktop version, which is the latest and apparently, "godawa" is the name of my account which hosts "private" and "shared" So I don't know what "primary vault" means.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@godawa:

What do you see if you open 1Password > Settings > Vaults on your iPhone or iPad?

• godawa
    godawa
    Community Member

• Thanks @godawa. From what I can see there the iPhone appears to be set up properly. In order to dig into this further and get a better idea of what is happening under the hood I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your three devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112286/my-iphone-and-ipad-still-ask-for-my-old-password#latest
    • Your forum username: godawa

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• godawa
    godawa
    Community Member

[#VEC-44811-331]

• Thanks! I've replied via email. Let's continue the conversation there. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.