iOS Autofill shows Personal Vault not All Items

owenw4rd
owenw4rd
Community Member
edited March 2020 in iOS

2 questions:

1. Why does the auto-fill on iOS show my Personal Vault (PV) instead of All Items or Logins? My PV doesn't show all of my logins so I have to open the 1Password app to find some logins which defeats the purpose of auto-fill.
  2. Why is my Personal Vault not showing all of my logins on iOS? (I reinstalled the app which made no difference.) The windows 10 1P app shows all items in my PV, but they don't all show up on the iOS app from the auto-fill interface.

I am a 1P subscriber.

1Password Version: 7.4.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.4
Sync Type: 1P
Referrer: forum-search:autofill vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @owenw4rd! Welcome to the forum!

Why does the auto-fill on iOS show my Personal Vault (PV) instead of All Items or Logins?

My 1Password AutoFill opens to All Vaults, so you probably configured your app to open to your Personal vault instead. If you open 1Password > Settings > Vaults, is your Personal vault selected in the Always Open To preference section?

The windows 10 1P app shows all items in my PV, but they don't all show up on the iOS app from the auto-fill interface.

I think the AutoFill extension only shows websites that can be filled. Is it possible that some of these do not have a website field?

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I only have one vault: Personal. There's no "Always Open to" in the iOS 1p version.
    I think it's a bug in the iOS version of 1P. I have a login set up for my wi-fi router as if it were a web site. The website field is set to a URL but the login never shows up in the Personal Vault from an Autofill.

• @owenw4rd

Autofill is only capable of filling items stored in the Logins category. Are the items you are missing in that category? Additionally, autofill will only show Login items for which the website field matches the URL you're currently visiting in your web browser. E.g. if you are on google.com you're not going to see items for 1password.com.

Please let me know.

Ben

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

The 1P Autofill on iOS appears to show all items in my personal vault but if I search for my wi-fi login, it's not there. It's set up as a login with a website URL. The way I get there is press the Passwords button above the iOS keyboard, then press the 1Password button. Then I see my personal vault with all logins from a to z but can't find the wifi login in the list.

As a test I made a copy of the login that won't show up. The copy doesn't show up either.

• @owenw4rd

Does the URL in the website field on the Login item for your Wi-Fi device match the URL you are visiting in your web browser when accessing the device?

Ben

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I'm not using a web browser when this happens. I'm at the Wi-Fi Enter Password screen. The keyboard pops up with the Passwords button displayed above the keyboard. From there I press the 1Password button which goes to my personal vault letting me search the entire vault.

• I see. Thanks. To clarify: the item you are trying to fill is in the Logins category? If you open the 1Password app and select Categories > Logins you see it listed there? I believe in order for it to show up in autofill it may need both a username and a password specified. Obviously there is no username in this case, so you can enter dummy data like wifiuser or something along those lines. :)

Please let me know:

• Is the item in the Logins category
    • Does it have both a username and password filled in

Ben

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    • The item is definitely in the Login category. It shows up under Logins in the 1P iOS app.
    • It has both a username and password. It also has the website filled in.
  • Thanks @owenw4rd. I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end. Here is what I did:

1. I created a new Login item in my Personal vault called WiFi Test and entered wifiuser as the username, mywifipass as the password, and https://my-wifi.lan as the URL for the website field
    2. Navigated to the Settings app, open Wi-Fi, and selected a password protected network for which iOS doesn't have the password saved
    3. Tapped the Passwords button above the keyboard
    4. Did a search for my wifi

You can see the item I created here:

These are the results:

As you can see it does find the item in question, and the password does indeed fill if the item is selected. Could you please try repeating these steps exactly as above and see if you have the same results?

Ben

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member

Okay, I'll try that. If there is a bug, it may be data-dependent.

• owenw4rd
    owenw4rd
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

I think I found the problem. "never display in browser" was checked on the item that wasn't showing. When I unchecked it, it now shows up in the autofill list. It doesn't help that that setting is hidden until you edit a Login. Thanks for the help.

I would argue that this is a bug since there's no reason for an item to not show up when searching the personal vault for a login, regardless of that setting.

• The autofill extension is considered a 'browser' by 1Password, and so that would make some sense. That said, I can see how this wouldn't be obvious to someone running into an issue like this one. I'll bring it up with the team for further brainstorming. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.