The Installation Failed 7.4.3

Options
Ciarraioch
Ciarraioch
Community Member

Hi I've downloaded and attempted to install the most recent version of 1Password7 as prompted.
I gave it all required permissions, however I get an error message:
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.3
OS Version: OsX Catalina
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Ciarraioch

Sounds like something did not quit properly during the install. Can you try these steps.

1. Quit Safari and any other open web browsers.
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely.
      • Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar.
    3. In Finder, drag 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash. DO NOT use third-party app cleaners to remove 1Password (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, and others). This can result in accidentally deleting all of your 1Password data.
    4. Empty the Trash.
    5. Restart your Mac.
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password.
    8. Open Safari.
    9. Choose Safari Preferences, , then click the Extensions icon and check if 1Password is turned on. Do not click More Extensions.
    10. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins.
  • Ciarraioch
    Ciarraioch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you ag_tommy.
    I followed all the steps up to number 6.

Unfortunately it still gives the same error message. However now I don't have the older version of 1Password installed and cannot access my saved data from this device.

• @Ciarraioch

All were doing it replacing the application, which will have no bearing on your data. Are you able to download the installer? If so, go through the setup prompts and select your specific sync method during installation.

Perhaps I am missing something? Where exactly are you becoming hung up?

• Ciarraioch
    Ciarraioch
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_tommy
    I realise my saved data is fine.
    I deleted my existing 1Password install as instructed, force closed Safari etc
    Restarted Mac and began to install the 1Password as linked above.
    Same error message to contact the manufacturer.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Ciarraioch

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. Ciarraioch
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112402/the-installation-failed-7-4-3#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format, please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report we will be in a better position to assist you.

• geofar
    geofar
    Community Member
    Options

I fixed the installation problem by granting the installer full disk access. Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Security & Privacy - Full Disk Access

Click plus sign, select the installer file. Now run the installer.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.