Syncing Logins Between Vaults

Options
maza
maza
Community Member

Hello! I'm really struggling to find a way to keep passwords in sync between different vaults. Similar to how you can link a login to another login within the same vault (which I don't usually find useful), a login REALLY needs the ability to be linked in other vaults. There are so many instances where a password might belong in 2 different vaults, and from a permissions standpoint, the people those vaults are shared with are totally different. Making a copy creates a syncing nightmare when/if someone changes a password. Often times, the person changing a password has no idea there's a copy of that login in another vault. This leads to a password-reset scenario and it's a never-ending struggle and the user experience of working with 1Password is destroyed.

I've seen this feature request posted several times over the years on these forums and I'm sure there are many people using 1Password in a small-business/corporate environment that could use this feature.

Is there any update on the status of this feature request?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maza! Welcome to the forum!

We don't have an update on this yet, sorry! But it is something that we are certainly aware of.

This discussion has been closed.