Mac and iOS aren't synchronizing.

Options
jimtparr
jimtparr
Community Member

I looked in Dropbox, and there were no 1Pw entries after July 2019, so my iOS and Mac copies aren't synchronizing. How can I get them to synchronize again? I'm using the latest operating systems, MacOS 10.15.4 and iOS. 13.4.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:My Mac and iOS copies are not synchronizing.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimtparr!

Can you confirm that all of your devices are actually using the same sync method (Dropbox)? From what you wrote, I suspect at least one of your devices is using a different sync method (perhaps through a 1Password Membership, which does not use Dropbox to sync your data).

• jimtparr
    jimtparr
    Community Member
    Options

It makes sense that my Mac 1Pw stopped using Dropbox when I started subscribing. Settings in iOS include Sync with iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN server. I assume WLAN server is how my Mac 1Pw is synching, but when I choose that, iOS tells me to select the same thing from the Windows menu on my Mac; but there's no such selection there. So I still can't get my iOS 1Pw to sync with my Mac 1Pw. I can't find any way in the settings of Mac 1Pw to do anything about sync. Both are the latest version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimtparr:

I can't find any way in the settings of Mac 1Pw to do anything about sync.

This seems to confirm my initial suspicion. If you don't see the Sync menu in 1Password for Mac, it means that you are syncing via a 1Password.com Membership. Because sync is automatic with a Membership, the sync menu is hidden there.

So this is why your data is not syncing for you: your Mac is correctly setup to sync via 1Password.com, while your other devices are configured to sync via Dropbox. Make sure that you add your 1Password account to your iOS devices too, so they all sync with the same method.

• bruhl
    bruhl
    Community Member
    Options

What if I don't have a 1Password account because I made a on-time purchase, not a membership?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bruhl:

What sync method are you using?

This discussion has been closed.