PaycomOnline Autofill issue

Options

I've read several posts about autofilling and trying to get it to work properly. The three field logins sometimes seem to cause problems. I've tried and tried and tried again and can't get this site to work well.
This is the login page. I've seen previous posts where someone is able to interogate the page to understand what's going on.

https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ee/web.php/app/login

If there are any tips or suggested I'd be extremely grateful. Or any additional information I can provide.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.1 Firefox Addon
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dwang ,

The issue here is that the website contains two password fields. 1Password only addresses one of them as the valid password field and ignores the other. I was able to fix it by manually creating the third field. Here's what I did: https://recordit.co/gErRF4KVi7
    To sum it up:
    1. I saved a new login on the website after only filling the username and the first password field.
    2. I then edited the login in 1Password and added a new "userpin" field (all lowercase).
    3. I changed the field's type from a "Text" field to a "Password" field on the right hand side of the field where the three dots icon are.
    4. Clicked "Save" and it works.

Let me know if you were able to replicate my success.

• dwang
    dwang
    Community Member
    Options

That's perfect! Worked like a charm!! Thanks so MUCH!
    One follow up for my own education. I basically tried the same thing but never labeled the field as "userpin" Is that a special keyword for 1PW? I would always label it some variation of "Last 4 of SSN" or "Last digits 4 of SSN" (so that it would match the text of the actual field on the site).

• dwang
    dwang
    Community Member
    Options

wow, i searched for "userpin" in the support and the only other past was for..... another post on paycom.... man I searched for paycom before posting. Sorry for double posting
    link to that post here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/551403#Comment_551403

he uses the exact same approach.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hey @dwang ,
    I didn't search for an existing discussion either :chuffed:

The logic behind "userpin" is that this is the actual field's name on the website's html code. You can find fields' names in websites you visit by right clicking the field and selecting "Inspect". It will reveal the html code of the field, from which you can see what is the field's name or id tag, then copy it and use it as a label in 1Password.

Once 1Password finds a matching field's name it will autofill it with whatever you put in that field in your login.

• dwang
    dwang
    Community Member
    Options

Dude !!! thanks!!
    Perfect!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @dwang! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.