b32 always openes with the "Favorite-tab"

golfsierra
golfsierra
Community Member
as I do not use "favorites" I would prefer the app to open in the "Categories-view" or at least in the "last-used" view

greez
Gert

Comments

• Hi Gert,

1Password uses the iOS' state restoration feature, so it should always resume where you left off (last-used view).

Are you saying even if you leave the app for a few minutes, it automatically goes back to the Favorites, no matter where you left?

Is this on all of your devices or just one of your devices?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    Hi Mike,

I was relating to open the app after a QUIT. On the iPad3 it starts with CATEGORIES on the iPhone5 with FAVORITES ...
  • Hi Golf,

If you kill the app, it's not possible to restore it from the last view, so it'll have to either be in Favorites or Categories. It was intended to go to Favorites by default since that's the reason to use Favorites, to gain quick access to your items.

However, I'll ask if we can change it to Categories if there's no items in Favorites.

Thanks!
  • golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    Hi Mike,

well THAT'S a GREAT approach!
  • Hi Gert,

It looks like we'll make a change to make it go to Categories like the iPad but I don't have a timeframe on when the change will occur.

Thanks again!
  • golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    I appreciate that ... thanks
  • You're welcome!
  • golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    edited December 2012
    @MikeT: even the 4.1b4 still opens in "favorites-mode" on iPhone any news when this will changed to "categories" (hopefully with an immediate displaying SEARCH-field)?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry we don't have a time frame as Mike mentioned, but it is on our list. I agree that visible search field up front would help too. We appreciate your patience as we work to keep improving 1Password. :)
This discussion has been closed.