Recover 1Password database from backup

Options
mattido
mattido
Community Member

Some corruption on my windows PC has screwed up my 1Password database on all my devices. How can I recover it on my Mac? I attempted to copy all the 1Password folders from ~/Library/Containers on my Carbon Copy Cloner backup, but it's still not showing my lost data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mattido

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your Windows PC. I believe this is the folder you're looking for:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/

Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• mattido
    mattido
    Community Member
    Options

Didn't have any luck. I copied that folder from my CCC backup and it didn't make a difference. I did manage to get MOST of my data back, but not all (Documents). I fortunately did an export of each vault before connecting my Mac to the internet. It sure would be nice to have other categories as exportable, not just notes and logins. Wish I had known that before stuffing important information in the Documents section.

• Ben
    Options

@mattido

Did you quit 1Password completely first, while disconnected from the internet, before attempting to restore the folder? You can do so using ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q).

Ben

• mattido
    mattido
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to offer more robust options in this regard.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.