add 1password to chrome constant message in mini

Boonicus
Boonicus
Community Member

I have a constant message in 1password 7 mini asking to install chrome extension this renders it useless. I have a mac and I have 1password x installed and even when i did install the other extension I still constantly get the message.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:add 1password to chrome constant message

Comments

• @Boonicus

Have you checked out these troubleshooting steps? https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

If after trying those steps, you're still having trouble, I would try removing 1Password X and adding it again. Please ensure that you only have a single copy of the extension enabled at any one time, having both enabled at once can lead to unpredictable results.

• Boonicus
    Boonicus
    Community Member

Hi Thanks for getting back to me, rebooting etc didn't work, so I have added the both Chrome extensions which is a bit daft but it fixes the problem. It is a bug as the mini app is not recognising the 1password app as an extension so it keeps asking to add the other one. Hopefully it gets fixed in an update. Would be good to add fingerprint recognition to 1password x at the same time. Stay safe.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@Boonicus

Please remember not to have both enabled at a single time, and they can happily live side by side.

Would be good to add fingerprint recognition to 1password x at the same time.

It is available in the beta release, but it is a beta and therefore has the typical beta disclaimers. However, betas are not everyone's cup of tea, and we understand that. If you're still interested, I can give you instructions.

• Boonicus
    Boonicus
    Community Member

Thanks yeah I’m up for the beta.

• @Boonicus

The feature you're looking for is what we're calling Desktop App Integration and it's currently a beta feature so to use it will require turning on beta builds in the 1Password for Mac desktop app, and installing the 1Password X beta in Chrome or Firefox. They're both safe to use and you can learn how to get them here:

1. 1Password Support : Turn on 1Password for Mac beta builds

2. How to install the 1Password X beta in Chrome or Firefox

• Please be sure to only have one version of the extension (1Password X, or traditional) enabled at any given time in the browser.
  • Mikrdk
    Mikrdk
    Community Member

Soo back to the original question. When is this fixed? 1Password 7 shouldn't tell me to install 1Password extension when I already have 1Password X installed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mikrdk:

1Password 7 only communicates with the companion browser extension, it does not look for 1Password X since that is an independent extension. So for the moment 1Password will continue suggesting the companion browser extension. But we are working now on a new version of desktop app integration for 1Password X, so it's possible that we will be able to improve the experience here in the future ;)

• Mikrdk
    Mikrdk
    Community Member

Here's a simple solution. Just add a "Don't show anymore" button/link. Shouldn't take more than 1 sprint.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @Mikrdk :+1:

• Mikrdk
    Mikrdk
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

Have you added this suggestion to your backlog?

I still have to look at this ugly thing every time I click the 1Password icon in my menu bar.

• Hi @Mikrdk

Until Desktop App Integration is a thing in 1Password X this will continue to be the case, unless you switch from 1Password X to the "1Password extension (desktop app required)" extension (available here). We're hoping to have a beta of Desktop App Integration before the end of the year.

Ben

• Mikrdk
    Mikrdk
    Community Member

@Ben

Here's a simple solution. Just add a "Don't show anymore" button/link. Shouldn't take more than 1 sprint.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mikrdk:

Our focus now is to get Desktop App Integration included again, so I am not aware of plans to add additional features such as this one. Sorry if this is not what you were hoping to hear, but I think it's fair not to give you false hopes :+1:

This discussion has been closed.