Unable to establish connection with a 1Password desktop app

The error came up recently

1Password Version: 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000)
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to establish connection with a 1Password desktop app

Comments

• chrisroat
    chrisroat
    Community Member

I have the same issue with the same OS, software, and extension version. I upgraded to 1PasswordX beta (both app and extension) in order to get the app<-->extension communication, including touch id functionality.

• chrisroat
    chrisroat
    Community Member

(With Chrome version Version 81.0.4044.92)

• dickwyn
    dickwyn
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

@chrisroat Yes, I have installed the latest beta version of the Mac app and Chrome extension

v1.19.0 and v7.5.BETA-0 is the latest versions but i'm still unable to get touch id to work on the chrome extension

• dickwyn
    dickwyn
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

oh, I just saw the release page and the latest release for the chrome extension is v1.19.1 but in the Chrome store, there's only v1.19.0.

And when I click Check for Updates on the extension, there's a notification there telling me that I have the latest version installed already. How did you get version 1.19.1?

@ag_ana

• chrisroat
    chrisroat
    Community Member

I have the same version as you, as mentioned in my post.

• chrisroat
    chrisroat
    Community Member

FYI. I quit Chrome and 1Password desktop, then restarted both. The communication now seems to be working - unlocking the desktop app unlocks the extension, and I can use fingerprint id with the extension. @dickwyn

• dickwyn
    dickwyn
    Community Member

Hmm, I tried that and didn't work. Also re-started my machine and still having the same error @chrisroat

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @dickwyn! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with Desktop App Integration. I'm here to help. :)

Can you please hold down the option key and click the 1Password icon in the right side of your macOS menu bar? Then click on Quit 1Password Completely. Additionally, right click on the Chrome icon in your dock and select Quit. Go ahead and reopen both 1Password and Chrome once that's done.

If you're still seeing the same error on the 1Password X settings page, we'll want to see a copy of your 1Password X log as well as a diagnostics report from your computer to make sure everything's set up properly. The latter can only be emailed in, though. If you're up for it, please send an email to support+forum@1password.com, and mention a link to this post as well as your forum username. You can find instructions on how to obtain both your diagnostics report and your 1Password X log below.

1Password X Log
    Diagnostics Report

Let me know once you've sent the email, and I'll take a look!

• dickwyn
    dickwyn
    Community Member

@kaitlyn sent!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dickwyn:

Got them! And I see that my colleague Nhat has already been helping you over there, so I will let you continue the conversation via email :+1:

ref: GNZ-43267-324

• aferdowsi
    aferdowsi
    Community Member

I'm getting the same "Unable to establish connection" error on the chrome extension. I have all the latest betas (see below). let me know what I should try to fix/help debug!

• OS X: 10.15.4
    • chrome: Version 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • 1PW desktop: 1Password 7, Version 7.6.BETA-0 (70600000)
    • 1PW chrome: 1Password X, Version 1.20.0
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aferdowsi:

Can you please try the suggestions posted by Kaitlyn, and see if they help? Should you still see the same thing, please send us the logs so we can take a look at them (you will find instructions for that in Kaitlyn's post too :) )

• aferdowsi
    aferdowsi
    Community Member

that worked... thank you!

• On behalf of Ana, you're welcome, and thanks for letting us know Kaitlyn's instructions were able to help you.

This discussion has been closed.