I want to create a local backup but i see no sync option in preferences on Mac.

Options
JelleB
JelleB
Community Member

I want to create a local backup but i see no sync option in preferences on Mac. Just a .csv with all my passwords that I can save in a password protected .dmg file would be quite nice, actually. But maybe that's silly from a security standpoint?

Anyway, how do i create that local backup?

I use the Dutch version, so maybe the translation is wrong?
I attached a screenshot of the preferences in Dutch, is this the sync option? The translation is VERY clunky and does not help

A screenshot of an English version of 1Password of the sync option is very welcome.

This link https://support.1password.com/local-folder/ is not helpful at all, because an option to 'sync' is nowhere to be seen in the localized Dutch version

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.4 (70404001)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:create backup

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JelleB! Welcome to the forum!

If you don't see the Sync tab in 1Password for Mac, it means that you are using a 1Password Membership. Because sync is automatic with a 1Password Membership account, you will not see the Sync options since there is nothing for you to configure. The same is true for backups: they are performed automatically for you on the server.

You can however still export your data anytime. However, we don't recommend doing this, since exported data is not encrypted and therefore not protected as it is when it is left inside 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.