wrong password on Mac

Options
Peter99084
Peter99084
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Mac

I have 1P on iPhone, iPad & Macbook. After a macOS re-installation I'm prompter for an old password.

iPhone (works ok):

• Visible vaults: Primär/Primary (498 objects)
  • Used vault/password at login: Primary/new

Mac

• Vaults: Primary (472), MyVault (498)
  • Used vault/password at login: MyVault /old
  • can switch to the primary vault, but the entries are outdated
  • vaults are not synchronized (according to the preferences), but I could see an update (iphone/Primary -> Mac/MyVault)
  • re-installed 1P on Mac, same problem

I didn't want to switch on sync because of this message: "1P will create a copy of your information on Dropbox. It should become available on other devices in a few minutes".
Not sure if I want another copy or use an existing one (properly used by the iPhone).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Peter99084! Welcome to the forum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and one from your iOS device, and email them to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how you configured your 1Password apps.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Peter99084
    Peter99084
    Community Member
    Options

[#ZKM-34787-288]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I've got your diagnostics here, and I'll be in touch shortly. :)

ref: ZKM-34787-288

• Peter99084
    Peter99084
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advise to reset 1P on the Mac. However, I can not access 'MyVault' after the reset.

I think the vault with the old password is pre-selected.

When I pick another location I can't access 1Password.legacyagilekeychain from 1P (it's greyed out) but I'm pretty sure the last password/vault I used is 1Password.opvault in that folder (and not the one in the parent folder).

So currently I have two questions:

• Why can't I pick the 1Password.legacyagilekeychain/1Password.opvault on the Mac? I use it all the time on my iphone
    • Should I be using 1Password.legacyagilekeychain/1Password.opvault at all on iPhone & Mac, 'legacy' doesn't sound correct, but I'm not an 1P expert?
  • @Peter99084

To prevent duplication of efforts, I am going to close this discussion. Please continue the email discussion with us. It looks like Garrett replied to you a bit ago. Please check for any messages from us.

This discussion has been closed.