Weird pink logo next to 1password icon? [icon is supposed to be there, but wrong icon may be shown]

Options
musicjohnny
musicjohnny
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Mac

Hey everybody, I might just be being paranoid, but when the 1Password login box popped up today there was a weird small pink icon next to the normal 1Password keyhole lock icon. Here's a link to what it looked like: https://imgur.com/ZeI4G7m
Has anyone seen this before?
Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @musicjohnny

This is normal, and expected, though there is a bug which can affect which icon is shown in combination with the 1Password logo (which may explain why you weren't necessarily expecting to see this one). We are tracking that issue internally as apple-3842, and hope to have it fixed up soon.

What is expected to happen is 1Password should show the "favicon" for the site that you're being prompted to save a login from. The issue is 1Password may erroneously show a different site's icon in some cases. Nothing to be concerned about; just a visual glitch.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• musicjohnny
    musicjohnny
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh gotcha! I guess I’d never noticed the favicon popping up there before. And yeah, it wasn’t an icon that would be associated with the site that I was on so that’s why I was concerned. Thanks for the clarification!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. Hopefully we can get the correct icon showing, or just remove that element altogether. It seems to cause more confusion than anything. :)

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

@musicjohnny
    When I saw the image on imgur, it reminded me of the graphic representation of the SARS Coronavirus-2 they use on the new reports!

• Ben
    Options

Looks like a d20 to me, heh.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.