Is there a way to manually enter new pwd/username info into the vault?

Options
louannwin
louannwin
Community Member

When I log into a couple of websites, I do not get a prompt to save the login info into the vault. Is there an explanation? Is there a way I can enter new website and login info manually (ie, not when I sign in to the website)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: Is there a way to manually enter new pwd/username info into the vault?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @louannwin

You can manually create Login items without capturing the form from the web page, but this would be a last resort sort of option. The better option would be to tell 1Password you want it to capture these forms:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Hopefully that should do it, but please let me know if not. As for why this is sometimes necessary... we've built 1Password in a way such that we try to be as inclusive as possible, however sometimes web developers do strange things that we haven't or can't account for. :)

Ben

• louannwin
    louannwin
    Community Member
    Options

Got it - I just tried it with one of the websites and successfully captured the info. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Glad that helped. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.