I lost a single password

Options
wallbe99
wallbe99
Community Member

Today I went to sign into my Hover(smallcubed) account and I could not find the credential in 1Password. There was no version in the Trash either. This account uses 2FA which was also set up in 1Password and because I had no access to my credentials I also had no access to the 2FA Token. Getting the account setup again took quite some time with the Hover support team.

I log into this account every 2 weeks or so, the last time I logged in was on March 31. It worries me that I see no record of the login credential in 1Password. It makes me wonder if I have lost other data, for things I log into less frequently.

Are there any steps I can take to try and find out what happened to the original entry?

Thanks,

Beth Wall

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5 Beta
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wallbe99

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with the missing login item. 1Password does have a history which you can check. You can find it by opening https://my.1password.com/, open the vault in question, select the trash from the sidebar, and then click 'view archived items', do you see the item you're looking for?

Ben

• wallbe99
    wallbe99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did check the Trash/Archive for the vault in question and there were no archived items. Not being able to find the item at all is what is so worrying - I can find no record of the credentials at all. This vault is a shared vault, and I am not the only one who has used this logging on regular bases, so I know that it used to be there.

• Ben
    Options

Have you spoken with the other members of the vault to see if they made any changes? The fact that it isn't in the trash or the archive suggests that it wasn't deleted or moved to a different vault. Perhaps someone edited the item, either accidentally or intentionally?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.