can't sync between devices. I have an iphone 11 and macbook, both apps are the latest version.

Options

i don't use icloud or dropbox, and the website said that if i have an account, which I do, then I should be able to synch between devices, but I can't figure out how to do that. When I go to "preferences" it just gives me the option for "icloud" "dropbox" or "folder"

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OX 10.13.6
Sync Type: I don't know how!!!!! :*(
_Referrer_: forum-search:can't sync between devices. I have an iphone 11 and macbook, and both apps are the latest version

Comments

• @Meryl

It sounds as if you still have a Primary vault on your device? Can you confirm that? If so, we will need to assist you in removing it.

• Meryl
    Meryl
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I do. Am I not supposed to?

• @Meryl

Generally, no, once you move to a membership, the old Primary vault should be removed.

Please verify that all of the data you expect to be in your account is currently there. Once you have done that, you can remove the Primary vault.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

When you have an account, and the Primary vault is removed, you will no longer see the sync tab nor the options it gives. Everything is handled in the background by your account. You will need to sign in to your account on the iPhone for syncing to occur. If a Primary vault is present there, you would also want to remove it. Again provided all of your data is in your account.

• Meryl
    Meryl
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry, I gave up and got another password manager. There are too many steps to making this work smoothly. Thanks anyway!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of @ag_tommy, you are welcome! And sorry to hear about this, but I hope you found something that works for you. No matter what password manager you choose to use, it's important that you use one :+1:

Should you change your mind in the future or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.