Authy App: Need to Re-add 1PW account after 1PW(V7 Family) had to be “re-set”?

Options
PetersonG
PetersonG
Community Member

I had just set up Authy App on my iPhone last month—with 1PW installed as its only 2FA account. (Note: 2FA is currently OFF in 1PW.) Then, in changing my MasterPW on 1P—I created a complex, DIY Master Password (hand-written, rather than created within the app). User error! I was unable to re-enter 1PW on Mac—and had to rely on IOS touch-ID. (>_<) 1PW tech support was heroic—but restoring my Mac functionality required "re-setting" my Family Account.

Now—a month later—I'm taking a second run at 2FA. On my iPhone, Authy app still shows 1PW as an "account". Although I have an analog note saying that my Authy "Backup Password" is stored in 1P, I don't find that credential ANYWHERE. So my question is:

Should I simply DELETE my Authy installations (on Mac, iPhone and iPad) and start-from-scratch?
Or
Can I safely generate a new Backup Password from within Authy on my iPhone—and be confident that I won't mess up the 1PW 2FA that currently is set up?

As you can tell, I'm "gun shy" here—having spent entirely too much time on these issues during the past month. (Perhaps I'm "thinking too much about this—and should just try the current setup. Still, I'm in no mood for "drama".) I left a support request at Authy, but have not heard back. So I thought I'd see if there's good counsel to be found here. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:authy

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

Hi @PetersonG - Thank you for posting this question. As you have also written in to our support channel let's continue this discussion via email. Looking forward to helping you further.

ref: ZMI-49494-973

This discussion has been closed.