Issues on Epic Games page

This discussion was created from comments split from: TOTP autofill on Epic Games not working.

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@deepdvd – I'm not able to reproduce that. Just to confirm, are you using 1Password X? This is the 1Password X category, but I figured I'd double check that first.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@deepdvd:

Maybe you're being facetious.

Kaitlyn was not being facetious. You posted in the 1Password X section without mentioning what version of the 1Password browser extension you are using, so we had to confirm this first in order to help you. And it turns out that she did the right thing asking you, since in fact you are not using 1Password X :)

This is what you wrote:

I'm using 1Password 7.4.763 Beta on Windows 10 with the Chrome extension.

What Chrome extension version are you using exactly?

And don't worry, I have moved your posts in the correct section for you ;)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @deepdvd ,
    Thanks for the information.

I tested Epic Games' login page since I have an account there. Here's what I found:
    There are some strange auto-focus actions going on in that login form which prevents 1Password to autofill properly. You try to autofill, both fields are filled but then the email field is being cleared.
    The only way I was able to autofill is by loading the page, pressing CTRL+\ to autofill, then clicking the email field with the mouse to focus it and autofill again using CTRL+\, then clicking outside that field (anywhere on the website) which allowed me to log in.

The good news are that 1Password X does autofill that website properly and overcomes the auto-focus issue, so if you have the option I suggest you try 1Password X: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

If you want to stick to the regular extension, that's also ok. It will probably be updated with 1Password X's abilities in the future.
    Let me know if you were able to replicate my steps in autofilling this website.

This discussion has been closed.