Updates made on Windows not reflected on MacBook Pro

Options
tom_shell
tom_shell
Community Member

Folks,

I've spent quite a bit of time getting my vaults setup/cleaned up/ cleaned out. Once I had that set on my Windows 10 machine, I installed on my MacBook Pro. Most of the changes are there but there are a number of logins that do not reflect password changes, etc. I noticed this when reviewing Watchtower.

How can I troubleshoot the sync on 1password.com? Also is there a way to force a sync?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tom_shell
    tom_shell
    Community Member
    Options

Mac version:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    1Password Store

1Password X toolbar is latest

Win version:

• tom_shell
    tom_shell
    Community Member
    Options

A bit more troubleshooting....looks like the issue is with the install on my Windows machine....changes made there have not fully synced to 1password.com. How can I force that sync or otherwise troubleshoot?

• tom_shell
    tom_shell
    Community Member
    Options

What's interesting is that changes I've made on my Mac have successfully synced to the Windows machine. It just seems that some password changes made on Windows are not syncing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tom_shell! Welcome to the forum!

How can I force that sync or otherwise troubleshoot?

Locking and unlocking the 1Password app forces a sync, so you could try doing that on your 1Password for Windows app and see if that helps :+1:

• tom_shell
    tom_shell
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that based on other articles that I read. It did not seem to correct the issue. I still have a number of logins that I updated on the Windows device that have not synced up to 1password.com. I'll correct on my Mac and see if the sync works from there.

I guess this really belonged in the Windows forum....

Any other ideas to troubleshoot this sync issue on Windows?

• tom_shell
    tom_shell
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be working now.....there was some sort of issue yesterday. I've also noticed that the sync process seems to be pretty asynchronous and definitely happens slowly over time. It would be very helpful if there was some sort of synchronous sync and ability to monitor/force the sync.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am glad to hear that things are working again for you @tom_shell :+1: And thank you for the feedback about the sync process.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.