iPad - Auto lock does not appear to be working

Options
Gary_S
Gary_S
Community Member

I apologize for bringing this up again, but the reply that I received from Support did not address my situation. I installed (and reinstalled) the latest 1PW app on my iPad, activated the extension, and set my preference for Auto Lock at 15 minutes. However, 1PW "times out" every time time I close a website (that I have used 1PW to log into) and then try to log into another, even after two minutes. I am prompted to enter my Master Password every time I need to log into a website, rather than having the 1PW extension and app stay open for 15 minutes. My iPad does not have facial ID or thumb ID. I always use Safari. I would be grateful if you could help me out. Are there any other settings that I'm missing?

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad 12.4.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Gary_S

My iPad does not have facial ID or thumb ID.

Without Face ID, Touch ID or PIN Code enabled you would need to type the Master Password, in my understanding.

Please enable the Pin Code feature in 1Password and see if that helps. I am not entirely sure it will, but it's worth a shot.
    1Password > Settings > Security > Pin Code (enable)

• Gary_S
    Gary_S
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much! Since my iPad is rather old and does not have facial or touch features, I enabled the Pin Code and it works. While the four-digit Pin is not nearly as secure as the Master Password, it is now infinitely easier to access 1PW to have it fill in my logins and passwords. On those rare occasions when I take the iPad out of the house, I suppose I can temporarily disable the Pin and revert to using the Master Password each time. Thank you for your assistance.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

You're welcome, and I am glad it helped you out.

This discussion has been closed.