I cannot login or update 1PW on old iPad

Zulanova
Zulanova
Community Member
edited April 2020 in iOS

Hi, I have an old iPad running iOS 10.3.3 and today 1PW logged out and asked me to login again. When I scan my account details and attempt to sign in, I get a red notification "1Password Update Required". I deleted the app and installed the latest version compatible with my iPad, and attempted the login afresh, but the same error prevents me from signing in. Unfortunately, since I can't launch 1PW on my iPad, I can't tell you what version is currently installed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version:_10.3.3
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot login to 1PW on my old iPad

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@Zulanova

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. You will need to update you iPad, or its OS. I can only speculate that the iPad was looking at data you had prior to a membership.

1Password accounts require 1Password 7, or later, and 1Password 7 for iOS requires iOS 12.2, or later.

https://support.1password.com/system-requirements/

• Zulanova
    Zulanova
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I wondered why none of my recent entries were showing up on my iPad, but your explanation makes sense of that strange behaviour. I'm disappointed that I can't continue to use 1PW on my old iPad, but I understand the need for software to eventually stop working on old hardware.

• Zulanova
    Zulanova
    Community Member

Would it be possible to run 1PW 7 on my Macs and newer devices, and run the non-subscription version of 1PW on my iPad? Every once and awhile I could export my passwords from the master list to my iPad so that is remains relatively current.

• @Zulanova

I understand it can be difficult to let go of these older but otherwise still functional devices. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If you opt to use to an earlier version that is your prerogative, but it isn't something we can recommend. While what you're looking to do may be technically possible, it isn't something that we would be in a position to provide support or provide instructions for.

In this case newer hardware that is capable of running a modern operating system would be the only recourse I could suggest. I realize these devices are expensive and we're not financial consultants, but from a security perspective being stuck with an OS that is a number of major versions out of date, especially on an internet connected device, is far less than ideal.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.