Extension has disappeared from Safari and Firefox, and does not launch sites from the app

Options
Langlois
Langlois
Community Member

All was working fine. Recently noted the Safari extension icon was missing, and extension not visible under Safari-preferences-extension. Same for Firefox. The 1Password app opens and I can log in, but sites will not launch from it- does not even open the site in browser. I have restarted several times. Eventually I tried to uninstall 1Password. Despite closing 1Password (including for each user of my computer, when I try to drag it to the trash it says it cannot as the it is open. However, when I open ForceQuit 1Password does not seem to be open.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password stopped working on my MacBook. Extension missing in Safari, and will not open sits from ap

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Langlois! Welcome to the forum!

Despite closing 1Password (including for each user of my computer, when I try to drag it to the trash it says it cannot as the it is open. However, when I open ForceQuit 1Password does not seem to be open.

It sounds like 1Password mini is still running in your menu bar. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• Langlois
    Langlois
    Community Member
    Options

I have shut down everything. Safari, Firefox, 1Password. When I go to Force Quit nothing is shown as running. I had also restarted after shutting down everything, and despite that it said it could not delete 1Password as it was running!

• Langlois
    Langlois
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I found the icon and quit it.

• Langlois
    Langlois
    Community Member
    Options

Shall I try to delete 1Password and reinstall?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Langlois:

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app might help with the Safari extension, but it probably won't help with the Firefox extension, since that is installed separately. So I would try installing the 1Password browser extension for Firefox again first. You can download it from here.

Should that still not help, you can try uninstalling the 1Password app and dragging it to the Trash. Make sure you don't use any uninstallers or system cleaners here, or you risk losing all your data in the process: dragging the application to the Trash will be enough.

• Langlois
    Langlois
    Community Member
    Options

I simply uninstalled 1Password and reinstalled from the App Store. All functioning now, including extensions in Safari and Firefox. The key was I did not realize the mini-app was running. When that was shut down, the fix was easy. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Langlois! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.