Autofill on non login/address pages and forms is disabled with 1PasswordX

In chrome, as you use forms that are on websites that are just plain old forms not related to logging in or purchasing, I used to be able to get some autofill suggestions from chrome, like this:

But with 1PasswordX installed, that no longer works at all. It seems like it's hijacking EVERY autofill opportunity, not just the ones for logging in or addresses. It doesn't offer a suggestion or anything, it just now means that I have to type every character on every form, even the ones that I'm just entering or re-entering frequent data into.

Is there any way to override that setting or a different version of the plugin that might work differently?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1PasswordX
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johncokos! Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like you're wanting to use your browser's built-in autofill feature. When 1Password X is set as the default password manager, it automatically disables your browser's autofill. You're welcome to turn that setting off, though. To do so, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Settings. Then, you'll want to disable the setting called Make 1Password the default password manager.

We do offer another extension, which you're welcome to try out and see if you'd prefer that one. It'll operate quite differently from 1Password X. If you're interested, you can install the 1Password companion extension from our Downloads page by following this link.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions!

• johncokos
    johncokos
    Community Member

I switched to the extension that requires the app to work, and that seems to do both jobs pretty well.

Not loving the all or nothing-ness of the "X" version, even though the UI is much better and more robust overall.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, @johncokos! I'm glad to hear you were able to get the extension you prefer in the end. :)

This discussion has been closed.