To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Does buying a membership make sense if continue to use 1PW6?

Options
Stustrath32
Stustrath32
Community Member

We have two 2010 MBA's with Sierra IOSs as shown. We have 1PW running on our two iPhones. We do not wish to upgrade laptops at present. We understand the lower version of IOS (10.12.6) is not suited to 1Password7. Does it make any sense to buy memberships? If we do, can I continue to run 1PW6 and get benefits of membership or are we better to both stay with standalone 1PW6 until we both have higher IOSs?

1Password Version: Both 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: both 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.6 and 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I plan to continue to use 1PW6 as my IOS cannot use 1PW7. Can I do this and use a membership?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Stustrath32

I'd be happy to help with that. I think though that a couple of terms have been conflated here and I'd like to ask you to please clarify so that I can give you the best advice possible. macOS (or OS X) is what runs on Macs, whereas iOS runs on iPhones. Could you please clarify for me:

• Which iPhones you have (model) and version of iOS they are currently running?
    • Which Macs you have (model) and which version of macOS they are currently running?

From there I should be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Ben

• Stustrath32
    Stustrath32
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben
    Sorry for my being careless on terminology between macIOS and IOS.
    iPhones are: Xs Max running IOS 13.4.1 and the 6s also running IOS 13.4.1.
    The MacBookAirs are both described as 'late 2010' and running macIOS Sierra 10.12.6 and 10.13.6 respectively.
    Hope this helps. Thanks.
    Stuart

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Stustrath32.

Sorry for my being careless on terminology between macIOS and IOS.

No worries. I didn't mean to pick nits but I wanted to make sure I had the right info to give you the best advice. It appears the MacBook Airs should actually be capable of running macOS 10.13? The one MacBook Air running macOS 10.12 is the only device you listed that would, officially, be unable to run 1Password 7 right now. My recommendation would be to upgrade that computer to macOS 10.13. At that point I don't see any reason to not upgrade to 1Password membership and 1Password 7.

That said, while we officially only support 1Password 7 on Macs running macOS 10.13 or greater, it will actually run on macOS 10.12. There would be limited technical support options for any issues encountered running 1Password 7 on macOS 10.12, but most features should work just fine, if for some reason upgrading to 10.13 is impractical.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Stustrath32
    Stustrath32
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the guidance Ben. We will give membership and 1PW7 a trial on both MBAs as I assume, worst case, we can just revert back to the standalone 1PW6?

• Ben
    Options

It would be possible though not recommended, yes. Please let me know if you have any questions or encounter any problems with the trial. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.