Family Membership Questions

Farsht70
Farsht70
Community Member

Have a Family Membership. 4 family members all have Apple products (ios). However, the 5th family member has a PC running windows. I currently have her logging in through the Chrome browser to my.1password.com and accessing her Private Vault. A few questions: Is the Windows version of the 1password app included in my Membership? If not, can she purchase a Stand Alone version of the Windows product and still log in using her secret key and master password from the Family Membership? Can she install the Chrome extension on her PC without having the stand alone app? Do you need the stand alone app in order to receive the pop ups that ask whether you want to Save Passwords? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Farsht70

A few questions: Is the Windows version of the 1password app included in my Membership?

It is, yes. All of the latest versions of the 1Password apps are included for you and each of your family members for each of their compatible devices.

If not, can she purchase a Stand Alone version of the Windows product and still log in using her secret key and master password from the Family Membership?

Not necessary or advisable to purchase a standalone license.

Can she install the Chrome extension on her PC without having the stand alone app?

The 1Password X extension can be installed and used independently of any desktop app. The 1Password (desktop app required) extension requires the desktop app. Only one extension or the other should be installed. Ultimately we'd like to consolidate these two extensions into one so that customers don't have to choose, but we're not there yet.

Do you need the stand alone app in order to receive the pop ups that ask whether you want to Save Passwords? Thanks.

You'd need either 1Password X or the 1Password desktop app extension with the 1Password desktop app. Either are options available at no additional cost with your membership. I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.