To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Testing 1password Families - How to roll back if required?

Options
Revolution1210
Revolution1210
Community Member

Long time stand-alone license 1Password user but decided to test 1Password Families.

I've created account and following the prompts which appear, added 1password (.com) account to 1Password app (OSX) and copied passwords to my Private (families) vault.

I was expecting my existing Primary vault to remain intact and be able to test Families in isolation by unticking the Primary vault in Preferences. However the Primary vault has been removed. Is this expected behaviour and should I have gone about things slightly differently?

Question being, what is best way to rollback to an individual account and restore my Primary vault if I choose to revert. I have backups (dropbox) and a .1pif export if required.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Revolution1210!

I was expecting my existing Primary vault to remain intact and be able to test Families in isolation by unticking the Primary vault in Preferences. However the Primary vault has been removed. Is this expected behaviour and should I have gone about things slightly differently?

When you migrate to 1Password.com, you are prompted to choose whether you want to keep the Primary vault inside your 1Password app, or remove it. We normally recommend removing it to avoid confusion, duplication problems, and to avoid saving items in the wrong vault.

Question being, what is best way to rollback to an individual account and restore my Primary vault if I choose to revert. I have backups (dropbox) and a .1pif export if required.

You can create a new Primary vault inside the app and move items back there. That will be the simplest method to go roll back.

• Revolution1210
    Revolution1210
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks.

Didn't seem to have the option to choose wether to keep Primary vault or not though. This was the case on both desktop (Mac) and iPhone version.

Probably not an issue though as I suspect I will be sticking with Families...have too many family members who desperately need a password management solution!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Revolution1210:

Probably not an issue though as I suspect I will be sticking with Families...have too many family members who desperately need a password management solution!

I totally understand! :)

This discussion has been closed.