GolfNow on PC not working

Options

Have been trying on Chrome and Firefox on my PC and Chrome on my Chromebook and cannot get 1Password to log me in. On the PC neither browser brings up the login information. On the Chromebook it brings up the old password.

I was able to log in to the app on my Android phone.

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 1.18.1 Chrome PC and Chromebook; 4.7.5.90 FF;
OS Version: Win 10; ChromeOS 81.0.4044.103
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @foreleft72!

Can you please share with us the full URL where this is happening on the PC, so we can test it here too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foreleft72:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have just tested this website on my machine and I was able to get 1Password to fill both username and password fields, so it should work for you too. Can you confirm what the value of the website field is (inside your golfnow Login item in 1Password)?

• ag_michaelc
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hey @foreleft72. It doesn't look like that first URL is something that's meant to be accessed directly; rather, it's a page the website wants to redirect you to. Can you change the URL to https://www.golfnow.com/customer/login and see if that fixes the issue you're seeing?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foreleft72:

I tried to visit the website right now, and I confirm that I can see the login form. Do you perhaps have some additional browser extensions that could interfere with the page loading properly? Some adblockers, for example?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foreleft72:

It does look like the website might also be having issues: today I also get a blank page. So if the website is not loading at all, 1Password won't be able to fill there.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

@foreleft72:

I am sorry you feel that way, but if the website has problems and we get a blank page when we try to load it, we cannot test it unfortunately, until the website starts working again.

But as I said to you several times in this discussion, that website works for me without problems (1Password is able to consistently fill all information in the login form without issues), so the issue seems to be specific to your computer. And I don't think it's fair to say that we have given up since I have tested this for you many times to make sure it works, which it does, so there is something that you are doing differently.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hey @foreleft72 ,
    Reading the discussion here, I'd like to jump in and clarify a few things:

• This website does not load well. It has nothing to do with 1Password. Sometimes the login form shows up, sometimes it doesn't (blank empty space where the login fields should show up).
    • Sometimes the website doesn't load at all and the entire page is blank.
    • If the website or the login form do not load, then 1Password cannot autofill anything.
    • When the website does load correctly and the login form is visible, 1Password has no troubles autofilling at all and works like a charm.

I suggest you try to autofill only after the page loads up correctly (you can autofill by clicking the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and selecting that website's entry).

In your Chromebook, you have 1Password X installed, which works directly with your 1Password.com cloud account. If it holds an outdated password, that means your most up-to-date information is stored in a local vault that is not present in your 1Password.com account. You can check if that is the case by logging into your account here: https://my.1password.com , and see if the logins and passwords there are indeed up-to-date. If not, you'll want to migrate your local vault's content into your 1Password.com account: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

I hope that will help clarify things and point you in the right direction.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @foreleft72 ,
    Thanks for clarifying.

The screenshot you attached - do you mean that you click on that suggested login that 1Password shows you, but nothing happens when you click it? It does not autofill the fields?
    If that's the case, mind checking if your 1Password account is currently in Travel Mode? https://support.1password.com/travel-mode/
    If Travel mode is turned on in your account, please turn it off and test again.

Regarding Firefox, sounds like you may have a different extension installed. Please install 1Password X in your Firefox: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    Then make sure your Firefox is set to remember history. If it is set to never remember history and to always use private browsing, 1Password X won't be able to load properly.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @foreleft72 .

Also curious is when I log out of GolfNow it logs me right back in. I checked my settings in Chrome

What do you mean by that? You go back to the website and you're already logged in even though you previously logged out?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foreleft72 It sounds like an issue with the website or a caching issue with your browser. You can disable/remove 1Password from your browser and test if the same behavior occurs to remove 1Password from the equation and make sure it is indeed not a part of the problem.

I believe clearing Chrome's cache will fix this, but if it doesn't then I'd contact the website's support.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update @foreleft72 .
    Perhaps clearing the cache so often is a part of the problem here.

Can you please try this:
    1. Create a new user profile in Chrome on your PC: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2364824?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en
    2. Install only 1Password X in that user profile: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/
    3. Check if you are able to autofill and click the 1Password bubble that shows up in the login form. If it works, keep using that profile for a couple of days without clearing Chrome's cache.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@foreleft72 – Thanks for hanging in there with us. I realize I'm coming into this mid-conversation, but I was able to get an item consistently filling with the 1Password X pop-up, so I figured I'd jump in and share my process. Feel free to follow along and see if you get the same results. I took a screen recording so you could see the process, but I'll list out the steps I took below as well.

Here's the screen recording.

Here are the steps I'm taking:

1. Type your username and password into the proper fields.
    2. Click Save in 1Password underneath the password field.
    3. Select the correct vault, and click Save.
    4. Refresh the page.
    5. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to open the pop-up.
    6. Click the Autofill button with your Golfnow item selected.

Let me know how that works out for you!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear things are finally (sorta) working for you :chuffed:
    Hopefully you'll have smooth sailing with 1Password on the rest of your websites.

This discussion has been closed.