Device Rate Limited error on iPhone

riverbankadmin
riverbankadmin
Community Member

1Password asking for 2FA this morning on iPhone (been using it for ages) and wouldn't accept 2FA code.
Removed the device from my trusted devices now trying to add it again but getting a Device Rate Limited message when trying to login again
Also, won't allow me to login to the app on Windows 10 machine
I've turned 2FA off for the moment as that wasn't working on any machine
Please advise what I need to do to get this working again

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 13.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password Business
Referrer: forum-search:Device Rate Limited error on iPhone

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @riverbankadmin! Welcome to the forum!

If your authenticator codes were refused, the very first thing that is worth checking is if the time is the same on all of your devices. 2FA is very time-sensitive, so any drift in time on any of your devices could cause the authenticator codes to be rejected.

A good resource that makes it easy to check this is the following website:

https://time.is/

After making sure the time is the same on every one of your devices, your authenticator codes should be accepted again.

Also, won't allow me to login to the app on Windows 10 machine

Do you get an error message when you try to login to 1Password on your Windows 10 machine? If so, what does the error message say?

• riverbankadmin
    riverbankadmin
    Community Member

Hi,

Yes time is correct/same on all devices.

When trying to login to the 1Password app it says url, username, key or password is incorrect but I've taken it from the account page where I am logged in so all correct. If I try to do it on the web it let me login and then asked for a verification code and this wouldn't work said invalid.

Thanks
    Kalinda

• riverbankadmin
    riverbankadmin
    Community Member

Hi,

I've just tried this again now on my iPhone and web and Windows app and working - might of been a lock out issue and now that has cleared.

Thanks
    Kalinda

• @riverbankadmin

Thanks for the update. I was just about to reply here asking you to try again. Glad to hear things are in order now. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• riverbankadmin
    riverbankadmin
    Community Member

Thanks Ben - all good and resolved :)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.