To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Local Storage of Documents and Export

Options
amhawkins
amhawkins
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using 1Password for Families since the beginning (early adopter here!), and I'm not sure how I'd live without it.

I'd like to start using it as the single repository for some of my important documents (e.g. Scans of financial, health, insurance documents etc). at present there are a few things holding me back from doing this....

1. Documents appear to be stored in the cloud only. NB. When using 1Password for Windows, I have to be connected to the internet in order to 'download' a document.

2. The Export functionality of 1Password for Windows does not support the export of documents.

Are there any future plans to address the above? (e.g. allow all documents to be viewed offline, and exported in bulk). In essence, while I have no intention of ditching 1Password, I do need to ensure I can egress my data without too much issue and store it locally. Would the command line tool help with this?

Also, while I think about it, is there any way to see my 1Password for Families storage usage?

All the best and stay safe.

Cheers,
Andrew.

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amhawkins! Welcome to the forum!

First of all, thank you for the kind words :) It's great to hear that you are an early adopter of 1Password Families!

Documents appear to be stored in the cloud only. NB. When using 1Password for Windows, I have to be connected to the internet in order to 'download' a document.

Please see this answer from my colleague Ben for some details about this.

Would the command line tool help with this?

Yes, I think you can do this with the 1Password command line. Please see this documentation page for more details.

Also, while I think about it, is there any way to see my 1Password for Families storage usage?

Not at the moment I am afraid, sorry!

• amhawkins
    amhawkins
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thanks for the info. I've taken a look at the command line, and believe I'll be able to create a PowerShell script to do what I need :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @amhawkins! I am glad to hear that :)

Let us know if you have any questions about the CLI, we will be happy to help you with that.

This discussion has been closed.