How to unlink my second vault from computer?

spartak
spartak
Community Member
  • I don't have 1Password account
  • I have two vaults: work and personal, both of them are stored in dropbox
  • Firstly I added work vault, it is primary

I have several questions: how can I unlink my personal vault? I can see Vaults section in Preferences, but I can't "delete"/"unlink" vault, just uncheck vault. I can also see Sync section in preferences, but again I can't delete vault, just disable sync

Another question: how to force 1Password to ask master-password for every vault? By now if I enter password for the work vault, I can access personal too

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@Spartak

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership.

For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

This is why you re unable to unlock with the 2nd vault password. In short it is not possible for 1Password to ask for the Master Password on every vault. The Primary vault has to be the last vault removed so in your specific situation you would need to remove the secondary vault and then remove the Primary vault. If you were to add the work vault back into your setup. It would become the Primary.

• spartak
    spartak
    Community Member

Got it, thanks. It's clear about unlocking.

so in your specific situation you would need to remove the secondary vault and then remove the Primary vault

how to remove secondary vault? I have found no way doing it

• @Spartak

1. Open 1Password, and unlock if necessary. * Keep 1Password the front most application.
    2. From the Menubar select > Vault > Switch to Vault > finally selecting the vault to remove.
    3. From the Menubar select > Vault > Delete Vault.
    4. Enter the Master Password to delete it.
  • spartak
    spartak
    Community Member

Ok, found. Not obvious action path. Thank you!

• Glad to hear that helped. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.