Can't login on iPad after password change

jimmyweg
jimmyweg
Community Member

I changed my master password through Windows by logging in to my account. I also regenerated my secret key. Next, I changed the saved password and secret key in my iPad's settings. Nevertheless, I couldn't login from my iPad with the app. So, I removed 1P from the iPad and reinstalled it. Then, I opened the 1P app and tapped my account to enter the master password. The message returned was that there's a problem with my sign-in and that I should sign in manually with my details or from a signed device. I was able to sign in to my account from the web on the iPad. How do I get the 1P app up and running on my iPad? My account hows my iPad as a trusted device. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.4.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Here's a pic of the window that pops up when I try to log in.

• Hi @jimmyweg

I'm sorry for the trouble. Please try tapping 'add other account' instead of the one listed, and scan the QR code from a freshly downloaded Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Thanks.

Ben

• jimmyweg
    jimmyweg
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. That worked. Is that something I must do if I regenerate my key with or without a password change? As I mentioned, I had entered the new key manually, so must the key QR be scanned instead of typing it in the box?

• @jimmyweg

Tapping 'add other account' is the only way to enter a new Secret Key. You can type it or scan it, but scanning is quicker and easier. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.